WHAT IS RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY?
Simply put, restorative dentistry strives to restore your teeth to the most healthy, functional and aesthetically pleasing state possible. Often restorative dentistry involves more than one treatment to achieve ideal results. Restorative dentistry has been limited in some definitions to include only endodontics (root canals), periodontics (gum disease), and prosthodontics (dental crowns, a dental bridge, partial dentures, etc). The end goal is restoring a patient to maximum oral health.
HOW DOES RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY BENEFIT YOU?
We see patients that have neglected their teeth for years and have paid the price for it. Missing teeth as a result of injury, gum and mouth disease brought about by poor dental hygiene and every combination of cracked teeth, toothaches, chipped teeth etc. are common sights in new patients who finally recognize it’s time to come see us in our San Diego cosmetic dental office. What they are pleasantly surprised to find however is the warm, friendly staff being so understanding and accommodating. Beyond that they learn for themselves that all dentists are not the same and that restorative dentist, Dr. Marcos Ortega, provides top-notch restorative dentistry services that are affordable, effective and help you get back to laugh with a healthy, fresh and pain-free smile. Dr. Ortega and his great staff can make the toothaches, disease and embarrassment go away.
RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY SERVICES
- ROOT CANAL | A root canal involves removing the infected or damaged tooth pulp (nerves) from the core of the tooth and then sealing the tooth cavity to prevent future infection or problems.
- DENTAL CROWNS | Dental crowns are artificial teeth that replace the visible portions of your natural teeth. Our San Diego dental office uses phenomenal materials for dental crowns that look and feel just like natural teeth.
- DENTAL IMPLANTS | For those with missing teeth, dental implants act in place of a natural tooth root, offering a stable foundation for crowns, dentures, or other prosthodontic devices to be attached. If you have a missing tooth, a dental implant is one of the best solutions due to its long-term durability as well as the positive impact it can have on your oral health and physical appearance. The procedure also boasts a 95% success rate.
- DENTURES | One of the oldest and most well known solutions to missing teeth, dentures have come a long way. Modern dentures are made from high quality materials to ensure durability and prevent embarrassment. Dr. Ortega offers the finest denture technology, including implant-supported dentures which have a number of benefits compared to traditional dentures.
- DENTAL BRIDGE | A dental bridge is a series of connected artificial teeth that “bridge” a gap between two or more teeth. Dental bridges have many benefits, including helping to restore biting and speaking function, preventing other teeth from shifting, and maintaining your facial shape. We can use the same high-quality material for a dental bridge as we do for dental crowns.
- TOOTH COLORED FILLINGS | Instead of using metal amalgam fillings that may impact your health, as well as look unsightly, we use durable, tooth colored fillings made of resin when filling a tooth. Tooth colored fillings blend in, last and potentially help you stay healthier.
Restorative Dentistry Services near Hillcrest and Mission Hills
Call us today to schedule an appointment at our San Diego restorative dentistry office! We can advise you on whether dental bridges, crowns, tooth colored fillings or other restorative dentistry procedures for missing teeth are right for you. For questions, or to schedule an appointment, you can also use the contact form below to email us. We look forward to speaking with you!