You may not be able to articulate why all the characteristics blend in perfect harmony.
We’re talking about a beautiful smile. At Marcos Ortega DDS, beautiful smiles are our specialty.
We provide tooth implants and other cosmetic dental procedures for complete smile makeovers.
You may be surprised at how many design elements Dr. Ortega must consider when planning for a smile transformation.
Here are a few of the most obvious characteristics:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much should show when you smile?
Here are some other considerations that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The comparison of the smile line with the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered on the face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away
If indispensable design principles are not observed, the smile may look “off.” Or it could affect the function of the teeth and jaw. For example, a smile redesign carried out by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put unnecessary stress on the restorations.
Do not pick a dental implant dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are thinking about a single tooth implant or total mouth restoration, call Marcos Ortega DDS today to schedule a dental implant consultation.
Contact Marcos Ortega DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):