So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s a competitively-priced way to brighten your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Marcos Ortega DDS recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you identify which method is best for you.
- It is important to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening method chosen, your teeth can be enhanced three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative treatment plan is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions accurately. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this technique may take longer, it is more reasonably priced and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either protocol can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Marcos Ortega DDS if it lasts longer.
Marcos Ortega DDS offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including dental implants, sedation dentistry, dental crowns, and teeth whitening. At Marcos Ortega DDS, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Marcos Ortega DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):