Hi. I’m Dr. Marcos Ortega. When my Hillcrest and Mission Hills area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food, plenty of adult dishes fit the bill, such as:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals. Yum!
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in the San Diego area, consider my practice, Marcos Ortega DDS. We have been serving San Diego since 1986. Call us at 619-295-4545 to schedule and examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
You can also visit us on the web at https://www.mysandiegosmiles.com/about/.
Dr. Marcos Ortega
Marcos Ortega DDS
306 Walnut Ave, Ste 25
San Diego, California